Just a few observations from the open beta.
- Don’t sell your starter gear! Unless you want to craft naked.
- As well as quests you want to use your Hunting Log. This will help you level up.
- Read the help stuff.
- Some of the maps are … misleading.
- You can’t skip the starter movie.
- Don’t forget to use Sprint a lot.
- A Linkshell is just a custom chat channel. It has a limit of 128 people. You can join 8.
- A Free Company is a guild. You can join 1.
- A Grand Company is a faction.
Classes and Jobs
- A class is what you start with and is weapon dependent. You can change your class by changing your weapon.
- You can learn all the classes in the game and as you advance mix the classes (with limits).
- A job is an advanced class. Each job has its own class requirements.
- Your level is your class level. If you change your class you start again at level 1.
- Crafting professions are also classes.
- There is a gear set function. As soon as you start crafting you will want it.
- You can learn new classes once you have completed your level 10 class quest.
- What town you start in (there are three) depends on your class choice.