Since my historical crib sheets still see some views I’m going to re-post the ones I wrote as pages and link them up.
- 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 dps (3 should be in melee range) [2 tanks is an alternative approach]
- Arrange players in 3 groups – tank, melee group, ranged group. Groups need to be able to move off of Pillar of Flame, though generally only the ranged group will get targetted.
- Someone must remain in melee range of Magmaw at all times or he enrages.
- There is nothing to stop you running off of the edge into Magmaw’s pit. Don’t do it or your raid will laugh/yell at you.
- Get off of Pillar of Flame before it explodes.
- Ranged dps kill the adds as a priority and any slows you have should be used – no one should ever get hit by adds as this leads to horrendous damage and more adds.
- The tank will get Mangled every so often and at this point both raid healers will want to switch to healing the tank as much as possible without the raid wiping. The damage is high. The tank should pop a cooldown towards the end of Mangle to deal with being eaten.
- To enter phase 2, 2/3 melee should jump on Magmaw’s head when he slumps forward (you will get a vehicle mount arrow). This will change their action bars and they will get a new ability called Constricting Chains which they need to spam to impale Magmaw.
- DPS – you do double damage so enjoy it.
- Healers regen mana. If you have mana top the raid and then DPS.
Omnitron Defense System
- 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.
- The fight consists of four ‘trons’ with different abilities who appear in a random order. After the first tron shields, a second one becomes active. When the second tron shields, a third tron becomes active and the first tron becomes inactive. This continues until you kill them.
- When a tron becomes active, dps it. When it casts a shield IMMEDIATELY stop dpsing it and hit the next one.
- Arcanotron – stand in the blue patches as they are good (unless you also need to spread out – reducing damage comes before increasing dps) and move Arcanotron out of them. Interrupt Arcane Annihilator (including once he is shielded).
- Electron – spread to avoid damage from Lightning Conductor (debuff on player) and Electrical Discharge.
- Magmatron – flame jets will shoot all over the room but there are gaps in them so move into these. If you are ‘aquired’ as a target stop moving and wait to be spam healed. Running around will just kill those around you. Keep this tron still as much as possible.
- Toxitron – Move out of poison clouds and kill the adds. Adds will target a player who needs to move away.
- 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.
- There are four phases in this fight. The three colored cauldron phases rotate, followed by a final burn the boss phase.
- Designate two interruptors. One interrupts Arcane Storm.
- The other interrupts Release Abberations. But not every time. You want 9 adds available to burn during the green phase. Interrupt the first cast, then let 3 casts through, then interrupt until the green phase is over and start again. The add tank will need a lot of healing with 9 adds on him. In 25 man you could have two add tanks either splitting the 9 or splitting the 18 adds. Managing adds is the single most important part of the fight.
- During a red cauldron phase all stack on the main tank, apart from the add tank. One person will be targeted with Consuming Flames. They should move away from the group and stand to one side out of his cone attack. Once the debuff is gone, move back in.
- During a blue cauldron phase spread out at least 10 yards. Ranged break people out of ice fast and heal that person to full fast before they are broken out.
- During a green cauldron phase nuke the adds. Only when ALL of the released adds are dead can you dps the boss.
- Repeat the cauldron cycle twice and by then you should be at the final phase which starts at 25% (don’t start this phase with Abberations up). In this phase the dps should simple nuke Maloriak.
- The add tank needs to pick up the two large adds that spawn. This is hard because they are only briefly tauntable/aggroable. After a couple of seconds they will decide on a target and nom them. If this is not the add tank its a fail. Use threat reduction abilities to reduce the risk of this.
- 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.
- Spread out at least 10 yards. Mark one person to collapse onto during Feud.
- Except during Feud, no player needs more than 10k health, but every player needs to be kept at or above 10k health apart from the Double Strike tank who needs to be over 100k health.
- 1 tank takes all the normal boss hits. The second tank taunts the boss to take the Double Strike hits (two big hits). The first tank then taunts back.
- Caustic Slime will reduce 2/3 people to 1 HP. Heal them back to above 10k before the next Caustic Slime/Massacre/Feud. You will need to use your fast and expensive heal for this.
- Massacre reduces everyone to 1 HP. Heal them back to above 10k before the next Caustic Slime/Massacre/Feud.
- During Feud Chimaeron stops all other attacks and just does lots of damage. Spam heal the whole group. You want to keep everyone as high as possible here. Everyone should hug during Feud for maximum healing.
- Repeat the above abilities until he gets to 20%. You will want to assign healers carefully. We normally assign 1 tank healer (double strike tank first) and 1 healer per group. The group healers keep an eye on the normal hits tank too. A good tactic is to assign healers a priority order in groups. So group healer 1 starts at the top of group 1 and group healer 2 starts at the bottom of group 2.
- At 20% NUKE. You can’t heal any more, so healers NUKE. You can’t taunt either. He still has Double Strike. Spread out so he has further to travel before he hits you. Use cooldowns to prevent people from dying from double strike. People will die so this is a race to down him before he kills you all.
- 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 dps.
- This is a two phase fight with a ground and air phase.
- This boss is blind. All players have a Sound counter. The more sound you have, the more likely he is to hear you. What this actually means is you take more damage and move slower. Not all Sound is avoidable, but you should keep Sound as low as possible. There are a number of gongs around the room. Using a gong resets Sound (but don’t use them for this reason).
- During the ground phase have all the ranged stand together on one side of the boss, the melee spread along the other side of the boss and the tank stand in front of the boss. He has a large hit box so melee should stand as far back as possible.
- During the ground phase avoid the discs that move out from the boss (Sonar Pulse). Moving out and around is the best way to do this as gaps appear further out. Move back to your assigned place immediately afterwards.
- Atramdes will cast Devastating Flame where he will track a target with fire breath. The target should run rotating the boss in a direction that won’t hit other players (towards his tail is normally best). You need to start running when you are targeted, not when he starts breathing.
- During phase 1 a gong needs to be used to interrupt Searing Flame. Assign someone to this. That person must watch for the cast and then hit the gong fast so that no more than one tick goes off. Failure = wipe. Be in place in advance. Don’t trust boss mod timers.
- When the air phase start everyone should start running and keep running. Atramedes will target someone and chase them with fire. If you are not moving already when you are targetted it will be too late. If you are targeted run around the edge of the room to keep the middle clear of fire. Move off of discs.
- During the air phase you need to ensure Atramedes never catches his target with fire. You change his target by hitting a gong. You only have a limited number of gongs so you have to use them carefully. How you manage this depends on your raid makeup. Assign two fast players – one to gong first, one second (if needed).
- There are a limited number of gongs. Once they’re gone, they’re gone. So communication and assignments are key. Also think about which ones you use and be aware where the remaining ones are.
- Repeat phases until dead.
How you handle this fight depends on your raid makeup. We normally have a resto shaman and a holy priest specced into Body and Soul when we do this. Since healing is not difficult on this fight we have the resto shaman use the gongs on the melee side for interrupts. He stands that side during the ground phase and heals melee. If we have no shaman a mage does this using ranged side gongs instead. For the air phase the priest shields the first target, giving them a run speed increase. If that person already has some kind of run speed increase, then we let them run a little before the shaman gongs (using gongs on the opposite side to the interrupts). In ghost wolf form and with a priest shield he can normally do the rest of the air phase. If he had to gong more quickly off of a slower player, our unholy dk might gong towards the end of the phase. Rogues, feral druids and mages also make good runners, but anyone with a speed increase will do.
- 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.
- Every 10% (in all phases) of his health, Nefarian casts Crackle. Crackle does lots of damage to the whole raid. Top the raid before and heal up afterwards. You want to have 2-3 crackles in phase 1 and 1 in phase 2 ideally, but see what works for you.
Phase 1: Nefarian and Onyxia
- Tank both on opposite sides of the room (if they are too close they will get buffed) with their sides facing the raid, who stand in the middle.
- Turn Onyxia when her sides start to sparkle. This means the raid will get tail swiped.
- Onyxia has to die before her bar reaches full. Split dps between the targets.
- Adds will spawn. These need to be kited until they run out of energy and collapse. You can use a melee, a mage, a hunter pet, etc. (a tank in 25 man). Make sure they all die together (this is vital for phase 3).
Phase 2: Pillars
- Assign pillars before you start. Each needs 1 interruptor (2 on 25 man), a healer and split the dps.
- You need to swim up through the lava and jump onto the pillar. It has a lip so don’t be too close.
- Interrupt Blast Nova every time.
- This phase lasts until all the adds are dead or 3 minutes passes.
- Shadowflame Barrage does lots of damage and this is very healing intensive.
Phase 3: Nefarian
- Tank Nefarian in the middle of the room. The raid should hug at his side. Don’t let him breathe on adds, so turn away from the kiter.
- One tank should kite the adds. Nefarian will cast Shadowblaze (purple fire) which will activate the adds. They must keep moving as if they get into more fire their energy will reset and they will empower. Don’t slow them!!! Let them collapse, then wait for them to rise again.
- That fire moves – don’t stand in it!
- Repeat add kiting and crackles until dead.