Well, now we know what the strange sounds and music in the login screen were about. April is the month of the Super Adventure Box. First thing to note: this is real. Its an April Fools day joke, yes, but the joke is that its real.
You want to take a wander through the Lion’s Arch asura gate to Rata Sum. Go up the stairs, and there it is:
What does it do exactly? Go inside and take a look. You can run it solo despite the login warning.
Things you can do in the Super Adventure Box
- Collect Baubles and turn them into Bubble Baubles, which is the currency for rewards from Moto (who you will find next to the box).
- With Bubble Baubles you can buy weapon skins if you like the look of any of them.
- You can also buy Obsidian Shards, Crystals and Philosopher’s stones to be used in the making of a Legendary. This is a particularly good way to farm Obsidian Shards in particular!
- There are lots of achievements too – enough to warrant their own tab in the Achievements interface. You can check out Dulfy for some great guides on these.
Top SAB Tips
- Get the spade. You will quickly make back the Baubles you spend on it if you check the special dig locations on Dulfy.
- Get the Bauble purse that lets you carry 500 Baubles if you want to really farm this.
- The first time you kill a zone boss each day on normal mode you get 2 Bubble Baubles per character. I find just doing zone 1 and 2 the best way of doing this.
- If you decide to farm beyond the 2 Bubble Baubles, use infantile mode.
- Use infantile mode when doing your achievements for you own sanity! There is lots of running back and forth.
I have on criticism. I wish ArenaNet would put in some way to skip the video at the beginning of zone 1!!!