Now for one of the trickier achievements. Love is in the Air brings as much frustration as it does love!
To get the Fool for Love achievement you need to get the following:
- Charming – Create 12 Lovely Charm Bracelets
- Shafted! – Shoot 10 players with a Silver Shafted Arrow
- Flirt with Disaster – Get drunk, put on some perfume and throw some rose petals over the named person, then kiss them
- Lonely? – Enjoy a Buttermilk Delight with someone at a Romantic Picnic in Dalaran
- Dangerous Love – Complete the quest chain
- The Rocket’s Pink Glare – Shoot off 10 Love Rockets in 20 seconds or less
- Nation of Adoration – Complete the Lovely Charm Bracelet daily quest for each of your faction’s leaders
- Fistful of Love – Shower the listed class-race combinations with a handful of petals
- Sweet Tooth – East one of each of the listed chocolates
- Be Mine! – Eat one of each of the listed candies
- My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose – Get a Bouquet of Red or Ebon Roses
- I Pitied The Fool – /pity the Love Fool in the listed locations
There are a few bonus achievements and items:
- Lovely Luck is On Your Side – get a Lovely Black Dress from a Lovely Dress Box
- Perma-Peddle – Obtain the Peddlefeet pet
- Tough Love – kill the holiday bosses
- Big Love Rocket (Feat of Strength) – Obtain the Big Love Rocket mount
- There is also a new mount this year – the Swift Lovebird which costs 270 tokens.
How you do it
Lets start by talking about currencies. Why? Because there are far too many currency type items in this festival. For doing quests you get Love Tokens. Love Tokens are the main currency you buy things with. You also need to collect Lovely Charms. Every 10 Lovely Charms can be made into a Lovely Charm Bracelet. The Bracelets are used for quests that reward Love Tokens, but can also be exchanged for one Love Token each. What you really want to know, however, is how many of everything you need!
You can make between 35 and 40 Love Tokens a day from daily quests (i.e. not by exchanging bracelets). If you wanted to do everything, this should leave you with the following approximate time frames:
- 3 days for the Achievement (99+ Love Tokens required – you may need more for further Bags of Heart Shaped Candies at 2 Tokens a time)
- 1 day for Peddlefoot (or 2 with a lot left over)
- 7-8 days for the Swift Love Bird
That leaves you with only 2 days to spare if you want to do it all. So Love is in the Air is quite tight.
To do all four dailies every day for 14 days you need 56 Lovely Charm Bracelets or 560 Lovely Charms. You need at least 12 (120) for your Achievement so thats the minimum number you should farm (and about right if all you are doing is the Achievements to cover you for the three days).
And so to work!
- Do the one off quests to give you the Dangerous Love achievement
- Every day you should be doing the following:
- The ‘samples’ daily quest (there are 3 of which 1 will be available)
- The Crushing the Crown daily quest
- 4 daily quests to give a Lovely Charm Bracelet to each faction leader (the quests are in the cities themselves – the Darnassus one is the only one not at a standard Holiday location and is on an island between the bank and the temple) which will give you the Nation of Adoration achievement.
- The holiday boss via the LFD tool (you only get the box with the tokens in once) whic will give you the Tough Love bonus achievement.
- You also need to farm Lovely Charms. You can do this however you want, but the quicker its done, the quicker its over with! Farm at least 12o and make them into Bracelets to get Charming. Good places to farm these are the Fleshwerks and the Slag mobs in Halls of Lightning. The Bracelets can be traded between characters.
- As you have the available Tokens you can then start shopping. You need the following:
- 3 Handfuls of Rose Petals (2 Love Tokens each) to throw on the class-race combinations listed for Fistful of Love. In your own faction sit in Stormwind and do /who gnome warlock etc. – all were easily found. I found the opposing faction outside of Orgrimmar, but since Dalaran is used here and common farming spots are in Icecrown its also good to look there.
- As many Bags of Heart Candies (2 Love Tokens) as you need. However, before you buy en masse, remember you can trade these so swap them with your friends/alts to get the ones you need. When you have eaten one of each of the listed candies you will get Be Mine!
- Buy some strong alcohol from an inn and go looking for Sraaz (Alliance – he walks around the Great Forge in Ironforge) or Jeramiah Payson (Horde – the Cockroach vendor in Undercity who sits under one of the ramps up to the bank). You need to do this in order – a) get completely smashed (keep drinking alcohol until it says that, b) put on your perfume (1 Love Token) and c) Throw a Handful of Rose Petals on your target and /kiss your target to get Flirt with Disaster.
- Buy 10 Silver Shafted Arrows (5 Love Tokens for 5) and shoot 10 players with them. This gives Shafted!
- Buy 10 Love Rockets (5 Love Tokens for 5) and use them in 20 seconds or less. Go somewhere with low lag, put the Love Rockets on a hot key and spam away. They use a targeting circle. This gives The Rocket’s Pink Glare
- Buy as many Boxes of Chocolates (10 Love Tokens) as you need to get one of each of the listed chocolates. Don’t eat the Buttermilk Delight. You will need this for the next step. Do eat the others. These can be traded.
- Buy a Romantic Picnic Basket (10 Love Tokens), or find a friend who already has one (you can also risk just hoping someone else will have one). Go to Dalaran with your Buttermilk Delight from step 5. When you and another person are sitting at a single Romantic Picnic you can then eat your Buttermilk Delight. This should give you Sweet Tooth and Lonely?
- Buy 5 Love Fools and go to each of the locations listed. Put down the Love Fool, target it and use /pity. Anywhere in the listed locations will do. For Arathi Basin please note it says the Blacksmith so you need to be there. The Love Fool does not last for long, but it can be /pitied by multiple people so if you want to speed things up do this one with friends. This will give I Pitied The Fool.
- Lastly, you need to get a Bouquet of Red or Ebon Roses from one of the selected dungeon bosses. They drop from Drahga Shadowburner in Grim Batol, Corla, Herald of Twilight in Blackrock Caverns, High Priestess Azil in The Stonecore and Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines. You have to win the roll to get My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose so this could take a few attempts. You could do a few random heroics first and hope you get these while you also collect VP (they will be popular as people will be queuing for them specifically). If you can get a group of guildies to help that increases your chance of getting the drop.
- Now if you want to do the additional achievements, then you need to keep doing the dailies to buy the items you need – the Peddlefeet pet for Perma-Peddle, the Big Love Bird mount and Lovely Dress Boxes (20 Love Tokens) in the hope of getting a black dress (this is not an easy one). You also need to keep killing the Holiday boss every day in the hope of getting a Big Love Rocket.