Apologies for the lateness – I’ve not been well! It can all be done in one day anyway.
The Lunar Festival is, like Midsummer, easy and time consuming. And from this year it has the same bonus feature (at least 500g made) AND a new pet!
To get To Honor One’s Elders achievement you need to get the following:
- Elders of Eastern Kingdoms – Speak to all the listed Elders
- Elders of Kalimdor – Speak to all the listed Elders
- Elders of the Dungeons – Speak to all the listed Elders
- Elders of the Horde – Speak to all the listed Elders
- Elders of the Alliance – Speak to all the listed Elders
- Elders of Northrend – Speak to all the listed Elders
- Elders of Cataclysm – Speak to all the listed Elders
- 50 Coins of Ancestry – These come from all those Elders you’ve been speaking to
- Lunar Festival Finery – Buy a festive pant suit or festive dress with Coins of Ancestry.
- The Rocket’s Red Glare – Shoot off 10 Red Rocket Clusters in 25 seconds or less.
- Frenzied Firecracker – Shoot of 10 Festival Firecrackers in 30 seconds or less.
- Elune’s Blessing – Complete the quest to kill Omen.
There are a few bonus achievements and items:
- A Coin of Ancestry/5 Coins of Ancestry/10 Coins of Ancestry/ 25 Coins of Ancestry are all parts of the 50 Coins of Ancestry achievement, making that one quite valuable (even more so since you get it by doing all the other achievements)
- Lunar Lantern (Alliance) and Festival Lantern (Horde) are available for 50 Coins of Ancestry. These are BoE.
How you do it
- Start off in Stormwind/Orgrimmar (or another original faction city). Complete all the quests there and do TheRocket’s Red Glare and Frenzied Firecracker. The idea is the same for both – buy the required items (for cash), put them on a hot key and spam them. The fireworks needs to be done near the launcher. The Firecrackers are best done in a quiet corner and require you to use a target circle. If you are struggling reduce you graphics settings.
- Start visiting those Elders! Its time consuming, but not difficult. Although the achievement has no hard level requirement, you ultimately will struggle to visit the Elders of the opposite faction and to solo the dungeons unless you are 85 or close. I worked my way around each continent, doing dungeons as I went (though leave Mauradon for last because you WILL want to stone out). Remember to solo your Northrend dungeons on Normal rather than Heroic to speed things up. Three continents will give you Elders of the Eastern Kingdoms, Elders of Kalimdor, Elders of Northrend, Elders of Cataclysm, Elders of the Dungeons, Elders of the Alliance and Elders of the Horde. Thats most of your meta done.
- Finally go to Moonglade. Here you can spend your coins to buy clothing for Lunar Festival Finery. You also need to pick up the quest to kill Omen. In order to complete this quest you need to stand next to Omen’s corpse after he dies and get the buff. You don’t actually have to kill Omen yourself. But if you do need to hes quite tough. A tank is particularly useful here and a tank and any other player should be able to kill him in one go at 85. If not, hes going to hit you hard so it might take a few attempts. The good news is his health does not reset between tries. So if you and your friend can get him down 20% before you die, then he will have 80% left when you start again. 10-20% is about right for two players. He will reset if you kite him too far. You can kill him on your own but it will take a lot of time. You can do Omen before the Elders, but you still need to go to Moonglade later to go shopping.
Elders it might be hard to find
Most of the Elders are fairly easy to find. The following are more complex either because the label isn’t specific or they aren’t where you would expect:
- Ironforge – in the Mystic Ward
- Darnassus – Cenarion Enclave
- Undercity – in the throne room in the ruins
- Orgrimmar – near the flight master and the zepplin towers
- Thunder Bluff – Elder Rise
- Blasted Lands – by the Dark Portal
- The Hinterlands – the Creeping Ruin (in the middle)
- Searing Gorge – Blackchar Cave (in the south-western corner)
- Western Plaguelends – the Weeping Cave (in the north-east)
- Burning Steppes – on Dreadmaul Rock
- Zul’Gurub – in Northern Stranglethorn near the entrance (i.e. not in the dungeon)
- Eastern Plaguelands – Crown Guard Tower
- Stratholme – north section of Festival Lane (go in, go through the right hand gate and follow the left wall)
- Blackrock Depths – Ring of Law (you can run in and out before the fight starts)
- Lower Blackrock Spire – near the first bridge (go in, go down and through the second door on your right and follow the path)
- Twilight Highlands – The Dunwald Ruins and the Thundermar Ruins
- Deepholm – Stonehearth
- Vashj’ir – Biel’aran Ridge – the southern part of the Shimmering Expanse
- Winterspring – Lake Kel’Theril
- Feralas – Lariss Pavillion (just north of Camp Mojache)
- Tanaris – outside the Ruins of Uldum
- Azshara – the Ravencrest Monument (south-east)
- Thousand Needles – Freewind Post
- Un’Goro – Slithering Scar
- Mauradon – go through the central entrance to the second part of the instance and follow it down to the extreme south-east corner – I have linked the WoWhead info as its a long way to run if you get it wrong
- Zul’Farrak – up near Gahz’rilla
- Mount Hyjal – Sanctury of Malorne
- Uldum – Khartut’s Tomb and the Ruins of Ammon
- The Nexus – in Ormorok the Treeshaper’s room
- Rainspeaker Rapids – near Freya in the north-east
- Wintergrasp – in the fortress – you need to hold Wintergrasp to get this Elder
- Azjol-Nerub – by the pool when you drop down for the final boss
- Halls of Stone – on the way to Krystallus
- Drak’tharon Keep – King Dred’s den
- Gundrak – Behind the Drakkari Colossus
- Utgarde Pinnacle – Under the stairs after Skadi
- Utgarde Keep – After Prince Keleseth