Yes, thats right – they’re back. These cover LFR and normal difficulty only. Its as short as I can make it and contains all the relevent information, but not the extreme detail. I will add links to MMO Champion’s boss pages (Learn to Raid vids, Encounter Journal entries and loot tables) as well as the well written tactics at Icy Veins.
Please note updates will be listed at the bottom of the guide along with the date of the update.
There are four bosses in the Siege of Wymrest Temple.
- 2 tanks who should always be the closest to the boss to take the double Stomp damage.
- The raid should stand behind the boss at maximum melee range to share Stomp damage.
- 3 (10 man) or 7 (25 man) ranged should move to each red crystal as it spawns and sit right on top of it until it explodes. Closer = less damage. Assign a group to do this including healers.
- Every so often he will pull you all towards him and cast The Earth Consumes you which spawns some spikes (don’t get hit as these spawn as they do damage). Hide behind them.
- Hide from the black blood in the safe spots behind the spikes. Once the blood has spawned you can move to dps him if you have a safe spot available.
- He enrages at 20%.
- 1 tank should ensure he’s facing the raid when the Void spawns, but not during any Psychic Drain (i.e. turn him a lot). Turn him away once it has spawned.
- Melee should hug behind the boss. Ranged should stand further back towards the edge of the pool. Split healers between these groups.
- Dispel Disrupting Shadows freely unless the Void is up, then do it carefully to avoid killing anyone.
- Every so often a void spawns. It will hit players and then travel back in the opposite direction. You want to bounce it about 5 times between the ranged and melee groups. After that, let it hit Zon’ozz. It will stun him, remove Focused Anger stacks and increase his damage taken during phase 2 5% for every bounce you managed. Don’t ever let it hit the edge of the room. In LFR difficulty it will automatically hit Zon’ozz after its been bounced enough times.
- Once it hits the boss, hug. He will do lots of AoE damage. Pop cooldowns and burn.
- Repeat until dead.
- He does a stacking dot to his main target called Void Bolt. You want 2 tanks to swap back and forth.
- Apart from that its all about the oozes here. There are 6 possible different coloured oozes and he will spawn 3 every so often. You can kill one of them. The other 2 will merge with the boss and give him certain abilities. Its all about the combinations.
- The oozes do the following:
- Purple means every 5 heals on a target cause the target to explode and take damage. Use big heals and avoid AoE heals. Best to assign healers per group to avoid double heals.
- Green causes the raid to be digested. Spread out at least 4 yards. Less dangerous in LFR.
- Yellow increases attack speed and adds an AoE component to Void Bolt. Hug.
- Black spawns add that cast spells on players. Hug and AoE.
- Red damages 3/8 people at random. Hug.
- Blue causes a mana void to appear and suck mana from every ranged caster. Kill it and the mana comes back to those nearby. It only steals mana once.
- In normal modes Green > Yellow > Purple is your kill order.
- In LFR mode Yellow > Purple > Black is your kill order.
- Hug unless you have Green (spread 4 yards) or Blue on Normal (get close to the Mana Void then).
- This is a 3 phase fight. There is a ‘main phase’ and then 2 other ‘special phases’ – an Ice Phase and a Lightning Phase. During special phases she is immune to all damage.
- Focused Assault does a lot of damage to the 1 tank so be ready with extra healing. She doesn’t move while channeling it so run through her and stand the other side.
- In the main phase hug up. Dispell Shattered Ice and have a ranged ‘tank’ Ice Lance. Set a spot for Ice Tombs and hug to AoE them down (these are not in LFR, they do not chain and do no splash damage).
- Ice Phase:
- She covers most of the platform in a big bubble. Get out of it but stay as close as possible.
- She casts four walls of icy spikes that rotate clockwise around the platform. Group and move around between them, paying attention at all times.
- In normal (not LFR) she drops icicles (stay out of the marks on the ground).
- Binding Crystals appear that you need to dps while running round and round. Destroy all four to end the phase and go back to normal.
- Lightning Phase:
- Kill adds near one of the Lightning Conductors so it overloads. It will cause someone to be Electrocuted.
- Create a chain between the Electrocuted person and other Lightning Conductors to overload them.
- Lightning Storm randomly hits people and does a stacking debuff that makes it do more damage. Remove the debuff once it starts getting high if you can (i.e. bubbles, CoS, etc.)
- Repeat Main > Special > Main > Other Special until dead.
Minor updates to Morchock and Zon’ozz 5/12/11.
Updated ooze kill order on Yor’sahj 7/12/11.