I read the caveats. I know the talent calculators aren’t finished. But really Blizzard? There is a word for the calculators and the word is Shoddy.
Just some of the ‘changes’ pointed out by MMO.
- Holy Fire is now exclusive to Discipline & Holy (so for Shadow PvP you use what?)
- Greater Heal is now exclusive to Discipline & Holy (odd, but okay).
- Prayer of Mending is now exclusive to Discipline & Holy.
- Hymn of Hope is now exclusive to Discipline (so you want to give the spec with the biggest mana issues more mana issues? But, of course, no spirit cloth to fix them with?).
- Divine Hymn is now exclusive to Holy (also seems odd given AoE healing isn’t a strong feature in Disc right now).
- Renew is now exclusive to Holy (Riiight, well I guess this makes up for the Hymn of Hope and blatant favoritism for Disc in the talent trees?).
- Heal is now exclusive to Holy (And if you didn’t think this was just a whole bunch of errors before …).
- Binding Heal is now exclusive to Holy (Yet more confirmation).
Do I think any of the above are actual changes instead of just errors? For the sake of the priest class, I hope not. But I am sure that some, and probably most of them, are errors. Thats a shocking number of errors in the calculator for just one class! If this is replicated in every class (and from what I have read, it seems it might be), then the Blizzard QA department all need a good talking to because I’d be fired for this level of incompetence being released to the public!
It also makes it hard to impossible for Blizzard to get any real feedback. Because all the people posting are too focused on this kind of rubbish. I can’t even give real feedback because I still don’t have the whole picture for priests.
But I don’t think it matters much, because I’ll probably change my main again next expansion. I am woefully underwhelmed by the priest changes so far (just like I was at the end of TBC which caused my first change of main). At the moment I’m thinking kitty …