Apologies for missing Hallow’s End. Theres this whole house selling/buying thing I’m doing at the moment and its a bit chaotic. Pilgrim’s Bounty appears largely unchanged from last year. You must be at least level 55 to complete this achievement and you will find it difficult at less than max level, especially as Horde. Its based on the American Thanksgiving festival. To get the Pilgrim achievement you need to complete:
- “FOOD FIGHT”! – ‘Pass’ food to a player who already has the 5 stack buff for that food type (or pass it 6 times to add the buff and then get the achievement).
- Pilgrim’s Paunch – Go to a table in each of your faction’s cities and eat 5 stacks of each food to get the Spirit of Sharing buff there. Despite the name, its nothing to do with passing food.
- Pilgrim’s Progress – Complete all of the dailies at least once. They are just to make food so get cooking.
- Terrokar Turkey Time – Defeat Talon King Ikiss while wearing a Pilgrim’s Hat and Dress/Robe/Attire. This is the last boss in Sethekk Halls. It can be solo’d by any level 85 on normal with ease.
- Turkey Lurkey – Blast a rogue of each race with a Turkey Shooter.
- Now We’re Cookin’ – Cook one of everything, which you will get by simply completing each of the daily quests (another achievement).
- Pilgrim’s Peril – for this you need a PB dress. You then visit each enemy capital while wearing it and sit at a table there. Ironforge is particularly tricky for Horde.
- Sharing is Caring – Pass one type of each food at a table (do at the same time as getting a Spirit of Sharing, just by hitting the other button.
- The Turkinator – When you kill a Wild Turkey you get a buff that lasts 30 seconds. Every turkey kill renews it. Run around killing them until you get 40 stacks.
You can also get:
- A pet Turkey for completing the meta.
How you do it
First some notes:
- You will find Pilgrim’s Bounty vendors and tables in Stormwind (outside the gates), Ironforge (outside the gates), Darnassus (by the entrance from Teldrassil), Exodar (outside the entrance), Orgrimmar (outside the entrance), Thunder Bluff (on the ground near one of the lifts), Undercity (in the courtyard upstairs) and Silvermoon City (outside the entrance).
- You need cooking 280 to complete this achievement. If you don’t have it, you can get it very easily by cooking the Thanksgiving recipes (you can level to 350 from these). Theres even a cooking trainer at each area. You can buy all of the materials for the following from any PB vendor unless specified:
- Spice Bread Stuffing requires cooking level 1 (i.e. your learnt cooking).
- Pumpkin Pie requires cooking level 100. You can buy Pumpkins from Undercity or Stormwind.
- Cranberry Chutney requires cooking level 160. You can buy Cranberries at Orgrimmar or Ironforge.
- Candied Sweet Potato requires cooking level 220. You can buy Sweet Potatoes at Thunder Bluff or Darnassus.
- Slow Roasted Turkey requires cooking level 280. You can’t buy turkeys but can loot them from the Wild Turkey mobs you will find all over Elwynn Forest and Tirisfal Glades during this festival.
- The hat, dress (or other item) and Turkey Shooters are rewards from the daily quests. You will need to do at least 10 dailies. There are 5 available, so thats 2 days worth.
And this is how to do it (you may need to adapt this if you are levelling cooking too):
- Go to Stormwind/Undercity. Pick up the daily quest. Pick up a stock of pumpkins – 40 for the daily quests over 2 days, plus some extra if you are going to do the yellow quests too (that applies to all the food types).
- Sit on each chair at a table and pass each food and eat 5 stacks of each food. Also pass up to 6 stacks of one food at another player.[Completed: Sharing is Caring, Food Fight, 1/4 Pilgrim’s Paunch]
- Time to go hunt some Wild Turkey. If this is too difficult due to lack of turkeys, come back again at a less busy time. Run around killing turkeys which will give you a 30 second stacking buff – each stack will renew the timer. If you can loot them, great, but if its a bit tight don’t waste the time. Keep killing them until you have a 40 stack buff. Either way, try and loot at least 40 too. [Completed: The Turkinator]
- Go to Ironforge /Orgrimmar. Eat 5 stacks of each food. Cook and hand in turkeys and stuffing. Pick up a stock of Cranberries. [Completed 1/4 Pilgrim’s Paunch, 2/5 Pilgrim’s Progress, 2/5 Now We’re Cooking]
- Go to Thunder Bluff/Darnassus. Eat 5 stacks of each food. Cook and hand in pumpkin pie. Pick up a stock of Sweet Potatoes. [Completed 1/4 Pilgrim’s Paunch, 1/5 Pilgrim’s Progress, 1/5 Now We’re Cooking]
- Go to Exodar/Silvermoon (use the portal from Darnassus if Alliance and go back to Undercity and use its portal if Horde). Eat 5 stacks of each food [Completed: Pilgrim’s Paunch]
- Go back to Stormwind/Undercity. Cook and hand in potatoes and cranberries. [Completed: Pilgrim’s Progress, Now We’re Cooking]
- Do the dailies again the next day. You should now have 8 shooters, a hat and a dress/robe. You can do the next parts as soon as you have the items available and in any order. I would do another round of dailies at this point to get some spare shooters, in case you miss target.
- Visit each of the opposite faction’s cities and, wearing a robe, sit in a chair at once of their tables. You can only use a chair when you are out of combat. You will be rezzing and running a lot. Doing this during quiet hours will mean you only have to contend with guards. [Completed Pilgrim’s Peril]
- You need to shoot one of each race of rogue with a Turkey Shooter. Like other events, they need to not already have the debuff. Remember to use /who and see where people are in general terms. You can do the opposite faction while you are visiting capitals, at the PvP spot outside Stormwind or Orgrimmar, around starter areas (not right in them as they have quite high level guards), or in Battlegrounds. [Completed: Turkey Lurkey]
- All that remains is to put on your hat and dress and kill Talon King Ikthiss. He is the final boss in Setthek Halls. Hes easily soloable on normal at level 85. Remember to kill Anzu on the way past in case he drops the Raven Lord mount for you. [Completed: Terokkar Turkey Time, Pilgrim]