Mount Hyjal is one of the two starter areas for Cataclysm. You can go there at level 80 via a quest from either Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
You can find the following achievements in Mount Hyjal:
- Coming Down the Mountain – complete 115 quests in Mount Hyjal
- Bounce – bounce 20 times in a row on the trampoline in the Whistling Grove
- Beware of the ‘Unbeatable?’ Pterodactyl – complete the flying jousting quest from hell
- The ‘Unbeatable?’ Pterodactyl: BEATEN. – complete the flying jousting quest from hell another 10 times
- Explore Hyjal – explore the entire area
- Guardians of Hyjal – gain Exalted with the Guardians of Hyjal
You can also obtain the following pets/mounts/tabards:
- Blue Mini Jouster – Pet from the flying jousting quest from hell
- Gold Mini Jouster – You get the other pet from the BEATEN achievement
- Tabard of the Guardian’s of Hyjal – Don’t forget to wear it and write down somewhere that you have done so.
You also want to complete the following components of achievements:
- Unidentifiable Meat Dish – Eat it for Cataclysmically Delicious
- Oily Giblets – Eat it for Cataclysmically Delicious
- Fire Beetle – Kill it for Pest Control (can be found in any scorched areas)
- Grotto Vole – /love it for To All the Squirrels Who Cared For Me (can be found at 55,18 in the cave just west of Nordrassil)
- Rock Viper – /love it for To All the Squirrels Who Cared For Me (can be found in The Flamewake or the cultist area in the south east of the zone)
- Mountain Trout – Fish it for The Limnologist
- Striped Lurker – Fish it for The Limnologist
How you do it
This is some further explanation for some of the achievements above:
- IMPORTANT: Unidentifiable Meat Dish and Oily Giblets can only be brought if you are part way through the cultist quests at the end of the zone. If you have graduated, you can’t access the vendor. Either get them on an alt or buy them from the AH. The vendor sells other items for the achievement, but they can also be brought in Zul’Aman. These two cannot.
- The best way I found to complete the flying jousting quest from hell is to fly up through the mobs and turn. In case you haven’t been there for a while you find this through the blue portal in The Flamewake, right near the Mount Hyjal dailies.
- Bounce was broken at one point. Its not any more so you can go back and do it.
- Guardians of Hyjal reputation is given by some of the Firelands daily quests. Complete these before wearing a tabard.
The above is based on my experience or the best information I could find where I did not have direct experience. If you think anything is wrong please post below and I will do my best to respond although I may not agree. If there is something wrong/especially useful I will update the guide.
Current as of 5 August 2011 (patch 4.2).