Welcome to Morrighan’s Crib Sheet Raid Guides. This Crib Sheet is for the 10 man version of Halfus Wyrmbreaker, which can be found in the Bastion of Twilight raid in Twilight Highlands. The tactics for 25 man are the same as far as I am aware and simply involve scaling up what is written here (though you can also use 3 tanks to make life easier). You can find consolidated Crib Sheets on the menu to the right.
- 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps.
- There are 5 drakes (the whelps count as one drake) around the room Halfus is in. They are friendly. The combination for these changes every week so you will have to adjust your tactics each time you come here. Each drake gives Halfus an ability. If you release it that ability will be lessened in some way. You will then have to kill it and Halfus will take 100% more damage per killed drake.
- Release and kill your chosen dragons, then burn Halfus. Drakes take around 1.5 seconds to become active and are activated by talking to them. Assign people to activate them at chosen times. Under 50% health Halfus casts Furious Roar which does some damage and knocks everyone over. He casts it 3 times in a row. Top the Halfus tank before this. Ensure any drakes are dead before this.
- The Proto-behemoth flies around above you. Ignore it.
- Healers – expect to use 90% of your mana getting the drakes down. After that healing is pretty easy so don’t worry.
So what do the drakes do?
- Storm Rider causes Halfus to cast Shadow Nova. If you release the Storm Rider, the cast time of Shadow Nova is slowed and you can interrupt it. Assign an interrupter.
- Time Warden causes Proto-behemoth to cast Fireball Barrage. If you release the Time Warden the Fireball Barrage will be slower so the raid can move out of the way. Spread out to avoid the damage from these.
- Slate Dragon causes Halfus to have Malevolent Strike (Mortal Strike) reducing healing on the tank per stack. If you release the Slate Dragon Halfus will occasionally be stunned. We don’t always bother with this dragon. Your tanks will need to switch Halfus (and any other mobs) between them to let the debuff run off.
- Nether Scion increases Halfus’ attack speed. If you release the Nether Scion it reduces his attack speed, chance to hit and damage done. This drake with the Slate Dragon means MS will apply more quickly.
- The Orphaned Emerald Whelps cause Proto-behemoth to cast Superheated Breath (big fire damage). If you release the whelps you reduce all the damage the Proto-behemoth does.
Now for the complicated part. Your tactics will change depending on the combination of drakes available to you each week.
- Generally speaking: Storm > Time > Whelps > Nether > Slate.
- If Nether and Slate are both available, you need to prioritize these as the combination is dangerous.
- If Slate is available you need to think about swapping the tanks on Halfus when MS is high and remember it will be almost impossible to taunt the whelps during a swap.
- You can release just two dragons, release two and then a third, or release all three at once. These tend to be the tactics used and you will rarely see less than two dragons being released or them being released one at a time.