To get For the Children you need to get the following achievements:
- Home Alone – Hearthstone with your Orphan out
- Daily Chores – Do 5 daily quests with your Orphan out
- School of Hard Knocks – complete four specicific BG goals with your Orphan out
- Bad Example – Eat 7 specific types of nice stuff with your Orphan out
- Aw, Isn’t it Cute? – Obtain a Children’s Week pet
- Hail to the King, Baby – Kill King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle with your Orphan out
You need to be at least level 78 to complete this meta achievement.
Don’t forget to have your Orphan out when you do ALL of these achievements.
Now one of these achievements is a nightmare. I would recommend doing these achievements as follows.
- Follow the Children’s Week questline to obtain a pet. Use your Hearthstone while travelling about. Buy some of Tigule and Foror’s Strawberry Flavoured Ice Cream while you are in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. It can be found on the Candy Vendor near the Cooking daily in Stormwind and from the Snack-O-Matic in Horde Zepplins. [Completed: Aw, Isn’t it Cute? and Home Alone, plus 1/7 Bad Example] You also now have a pet out of this holiday, if nothing else.
- Time to bite the bullet and go for the hard one. I could describe it all but I think that Cynwise has already done so far better than I could so check out his guide. Console yourself with the thought that even if you NEVER PvP you can turn the Honor points you will earn into Justice Points, or use them towards the Honor mounts if you’re a mount collector. It won’t be enough consolation for the hell that is this achievement, but there you go. If you are aiming for the meta this is the one you need to focus on because its by far the hardest to get. [Completed: School of Hard Knocks]
- Once back in town do any five daily quests during the week. The Fishing/Cooking ones are ridiculously easy and will count. Or hop along to Therazane’s Throne and do those to get it done all in one go. [Completed: Daily Chores]
- Now its off to Northrend. Travel to Howling Fjord with a friend or two to complete Utgarde Pinnacle. It should only take two of you at level 85. If you have no friends handy, ask around as someone else is bound to be doing this. [Completed: Hail to the King, Baby]
- Carry on to Dalaran where you can buy a Red Velvet Cupcake, Dalaran Brownie, Dalaran Donut and Lovely Cake from Aimee outside of one of the banks. Eat them all. [5/7 Bad Example]
- You now need to either do some cooking or visit the AH for Tasty Cupcake and Delicious Chocolate Cake. There is an achievement to make the Delicious Chocolate Cake so bake it if you can. The recipe comes from the rewards for the Outland or Dalaran Cooking dailies. The Tasty Cupcake recipe is a random Northrend drop. Both can be found on the AH. [Completed: Bad Example]
You can also do all of the Orphan questlines. There is one in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, one in Shattrath and one in Dalaran. That nets you three pets. If you’ve been playing a while it might also net you the achievement Veteran Nanny which requires all three of the Shattrath pets.