Welcome to Morrighan’s Crib Sheet Raid Guides. This Crib Sheet is for the 10 man version of Magmaw, who can be found in the Blackwing Descent raid in Blackrock Mountain. The tactics for 25 man are the same as far as I am aware, apart from the addition of a second tank and simply involve scaling up what is written here. You can find the consolidated Tier 11 Crib Sheets here.
- 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 dps (3 should be in melee range) [2 tanks is an alternative approach]
- Arrange players in 3 groups – tank, melee group, ranged group. Groups need to be able to move off of Pillar of Flame, though generally only the ranged group will get targetted.
- Someone must remain in melee range of Magmaw at all times or he enrages.
- There is nothing to stop you running off of the edge into Magmaw’s pit. Don’t do it or your raid will laugh/yell at you.
- Get off of Pillar of Flame before it explodes.
- Ranged dps kill the adds as a priority and any slows you have should be used – no one should ever get hit by adds as this leads to horrendous damage and more adds.
- The tank will get Mangled every so often and at this point both raid healers will want to switch to healing the tank as much as possible without the raid wiping. The damage is high. The tank should pop a cooldown towards the end of Mangle to deal with being eaten.
- To enter phase 2, 2/3 melee should jump on Magmaw’s head when he slumps forward (you will get a vehicle mount arrow). This will change their action bars and they will get a new ability called Constricting Chains which they need to spam to impale Magmaw.
- DPS – you do double damage so enjoy it.
- Healers regen mana. If you have mana top the raid and then DPS.