I know, I know, I promised this ages ago. Unfortunately I’ve not been all that well. Expect posts to be a bit sparodic until someone finally figures out whats wrong with me and how to fix it.
The Blood Prince Council
- 2 tanks – one take Keleseth, one takes Taldaram and Valanar
- 3 healers in 10 man, 6 or so in 25 man – add healers here to keep everyone alive as this is not a dps race.
- You can only damage one Prince at a time – the prince with Invocation of Blood (and more than 1 hp) – and their moving health pool is shared
- Avoid any white swirly things on the floor (Shock Vortex)
- Assign 1 dps with a pet/2 dps (a couple more in 25 man) to juggle the Kinetic Bombs. These will float in the air as long as someone does occasional direct damage to them (not DoTs). If they land they do a lot of damage.
- The Keleseth tank should split his time between gaining aggro on Keleseth and collecting the Dark Nucleus that float around the room. You should have at least 3 on you at all times, preferably 4 or 5. This tank will take damage for each Nucleus they have.
- When Prince Valanar is active he casts Empowered Shock Vortex. When he starts the cast everyone should immediately spread out as much as possible (ranged should stay spread, melee should run).
- When Prince Taldaram is active he casts Empowered Ball of Flames on a target. Everyone should be standing at melee range (won’t get targetted) or maximum range. Everyone nearby except the tank should follow under the ball to suck power from it so that when it hits, it hits for less damage (a full power Empowered Ball of Flames will one shot your ranged). It will get smaller. When the ball hits it does splash damage so don’t run all the way to the target unless its essential. This damage is not shared.
- When Prince Keleseth becomes active he will do massive damage spikes to his tank, which should be mitigated by the Dark Nuclei. Use cooldowns on this Prince. The tank should watch for incidental melee AoE as this can damage the Nuclei.
- The trick to this fight is to manage the items above and just dps when its safe. You’ll never hit the enrage timer. Just deal with each thing as it presents itself and they will die.
Blood Queen Lana’thel
- Yes its a vampire in WoW. /facepalm
- 2 tanks – the MT will get hit and the OT should stand right on top of the MT. Damage will be mirrored between them. Don’t confuse this red line ‘Blood Mirror’ with Pact of the Darkfallen.
- 2 healers on 10 man, 5-6 on 25 man.
- Phase 1 and 2 alternate until shes dead.
- Shortly after the fight begins, Lana’thel will bite someone high on threat. It won’t be the tanks. This applies the debuff Essence of the Blood Queen. This will increase damage done by the player and reduce their threat. Enjoy. After 60 seconds the debuff changes into Frenzied Bloodthirst. You will now only have one ability on your action bar. You have 10 seconds to use it to bite someone. Move to your target and wait a few seconds (this stops you needing to bite someone in an air phase).
- When player 1 bites player 2, both players will then have the Essence of the Blood Queen. When they both bite someone after another 60 seconds, 4 players will have it. When they bite someone after another 60 seconds, 8 players will have it. In 25 man you can go from 8 to 16. This is your soft enrage. You run out of people to bite. This is a dps race. Remember your dps will increase a lot as the fight goes on and more people are bitten.
- Bite your highest dps first. When you run out of dps, bite healers. Don’t bite the MT.
- Plan your bites either in advance or via voice chat. Plan them early. Make sure you know where your target is.
- The raid should spread out on the half of the room with the stairs, with the boss tanked in the middle.
- Every so often Lana’thel will cast Swarming Shadows on a player, who then leaves a trail of purple fire. That player should run and kite the fire up the stairs, careful to not cut off areas of the room.
- Every so often Lana’thel will cast Pact of the Darkfallen on two players, who become connected with a red line. Run immediately along the red line to the other player and stop when you reach them. The debuff will wear off. While you are connected you explode, doing damage all around you so don’t run onto a group of players. If the ranged spread in a half circle, the space in the middle should be clear for running.
- In addition theres lots of other damage that gets worse as the fight goes on.
- 10 seconds before Incite Terror run to the clear side of the room so that when fear hits you aren’t near the fire.
- Lana’thel takes off, fearing everyone.
- As soon as fear is off, spread out as much as possible for Bloodbolt Whirl. In 25 man have ranged spread around the walls and melee spread in the middle.
- Any damage reduction here is good. You can use Divine Guardian (our OT put on his Holy spec and tank gear to do this) or any other abilities you have. Anyone who can heal should heal a bit. The important thing is for everyone to live through this phase.
- Once she lands, go back to where you stood in Phase 1 and repeat.