A lot of stuff gets posted by Blizzard every week. Probably the best place to track that is MMO-Champion. MMO-Champion has a Blue Tracker feature that tracks posts by Blizzard for you. It also puts up all the most important information on its front page. But thats a LOT of information. So I had an idea. Maybe I could condense that information. So instead of reading through three or four pages of posts each week, you just had a few bullet points. Lets give that a try shall we?
I’ll plan this to be a weekly feature, and go back one week for starters. I’m not going to post everything, just the most important/interesting things. I’ve put my personal favourites in bold. This is in the order I came across things on MMO Champion. Remember, this is Blizzard and a lot of what is said is subject to change at short notice. Most comes with all kinds of caveats.
- Armor pen will likely be nerfed, mainly as its OP in PvP. This is your warning before you spend 1k gold on gems.
- Instance capacity is as fixed as its going to be on the US realms. Blizzard are pretty concerned about stats inflation, especially on things like crit, haste, armor pen and avoidanace. Likely we’ll see conversions (how many crit rating = crit %) increased to deal with this in Cataclysm.
- Trial of the Crusader was meant to be a simple raiding tier so Blizzard could concentrate on the battleground. The t9 set bonuses are simple because these are complex to implement and they didn’t want to spend excess coding time there.
- Blizzard intends to mix up large, small and all different types of raids in the future – just to keep you on your toes.
- Dual spec will stay at 1k gold.
- Tank damage will stay high in Trial fo the Grand Crusader. Your solution is better gear, not a nerf.
- Health will go up for all players in Cataclysm quite substatially to make healing slower. This should keep healers in work and make everything a bit slower so choice trumps reaction speed.
- Faction Change is live in the USA. No Faction Change ETA for Europe.
- 3.2.2 will be with us long before the Arena season ends.
- A Sons of Hodir Commendation Badge will soon be a possible reward for the daily dungeon quest (actually it says currently, but it didn’t look like it was live today?).
- Koralon the Flame Watcher has arrived with the new Arena Season, Anub’arak and Trial of the Grand Crusader.
- Heirloom items are not meant to work past 80 and probably won’t increase in stats for the next five levels. They are also looking at how to not give you the 20% xp bonus for those five levels. They are meant for alts, not mains.
- You probably won’t be able to use Race Change to change to Goblin or Worgen as soon as they arrive.
- Path of the Titans will be linked to spec and so you will have one for each. Once you have learned something, if you change path you won’t have to learn it again if you go back.
As of 17.07 EU realm time 5 September 2009.