This is written for 8 man Hard Mode because thats all I’ve done! We ran the whole raid with two tanks (one an off-tank) and two healers. These tactics would likely be suitable for story mode and 16 man. Nightmare Mode may contain additional mechanics.
For all bosses:
- Don’t loot before the Master Looter. This can cause the loot to bug.
Annihilation Droid XRR-3
- He doesn’t move so turn him away and tank.
- Stay spread out and ranged should keep out of melee range to avoid knockbacks.
- Move out of red circles on the ground.
- When he casts Missile Barrage all run and hide behind the left pillar until it ends (apart from the main tank).
- At 8% he starts casting Missile Barrage endlessly so pop defensive and offensive cooldowns and burn.
- There is a reasonably tight enrage timer.
- Lava hurts!
- Tank Gharj at one end of each rock platform facing the edge.
- Have the ranged dps and healers huddle at the other end.
- Every so often Gharj destroys the platform you are standing on. Follow the rock path to the next one.
- After a while adds appear when you change platforms. Don’t dps them until you are on the new platform.
- Split your raid evenly (i.e. a tank, a healer and 2 dps in each group) and get in position by each pylon.
- You need to solve the puzzle to win. You work from bottom to top.
- Have one dps, then the other, click the left console as soon as it is available (they get a debuff hence the swapping).
- When the icon in the middle of the row matches the outer icons, click the Confirmation Console in the middle.
- Both teams must complete a row to proceed to the next one.
- Adds spawn as the fight goes on and become increasingly more difficult. Kill them ASAP.
- Each player has a mob to kill on their own.
- You cannot help another player or the encounter will reset. No dps, no heals, nothing.
- Healers take the Assassins.
- Tanks take the Juggernauts.
- DPS take the Marauders. Some have more health than others so assign dps appropriately if needed.
- Stand by your mob ready to start the fight. Some do knockbacks so place your back to something.
- Kill all the mobs within 2 minutes.
Soa the Infernal One
- There ares 5 phases es to this fight – 3 dps phases and 2 platform phases.
- DPS phase 1:
- Tank him in the middle.
- Avoid green stuff.
- Burn to 75% when the first platform phase will start.
- DPS phase 2:
- Tank him in the middle.
- People targeted with Lightning Balls should kite them away from the raid before running into them to take the damage.
- Get people out of mind trap ASAP.
- DPS phase 3:
- Lightning Balls and Mind Traps as phase 2.
- Don’t hit the boss at all while his shield is up.
- Tank kites the boss around under the spinning pillars. When one drops it stuns the boss for 15 seconds. All dps should hit him as hard as possible for that time ignoring all other mechanics.
- You only have a few of these 15 second slots in which to kill him before he enrages.
- Platform phases:
- Hug up on the outer rim of the main platform and assign a leader.
- Jump down from platform to platform along the routes listed below to avoid a platform disappearing underneath you. Most of the jumps are anti-clockwise, but some are off the front or back of a platform. Look before you leap! [I will add a route once I am confident in it]
- On each platform is a small pyramid. DPS it down.
- Stop on assigned platforms (2 and 6) to AoE heal the group.
This is a re-write of the previous year’s guide. There are no changes to the holiday from last year, but I’ve updated the format of the post. There is only one new thing to consider: account wide pets. I highly recommend checking your toons to see which characters have which pets and targeting any pets you don’t already have. You can also get different pets on different toons to try and collect all of them.
To get For the Children you need to get the following achievements:
- Home Alone – Hearthstone with your Orphan out
- Daily Chores – Do 5 daily quests with your Orphan out
- School of Hard Knocks – complete four specicific BG goals with your Orphan out
- Bad Example – Eat 7 specific types of nice stuff with your Orphan out
- Aw, Isn’t it Cute? – Obtain a Children’s Week pet
- Hail to the King, Baby – Kill King Ymiron in Utgarde Pinnacle with your Orphan out
You need to be at least level 78 to complete this meta achievement.
There are a few bonus achievements and items:
- Veteran Nanny – Acquire Egbert’s Egg, Sleepy Willy and Elekk Training Collar on one character. This will take 3 years. I suspect this will vanish in MoP, but there is no way you can speed this up so unless you already have two of the pets on one toon, you’ll just have to lose this one.
- There are quite a few pets available. You can get a maximum of three within one Children’s Week. Each year you can work on another pet, apart from the Northrend pets – you can only ever get one of these.
- One from the Stormwind/Orgrimmar orphan quests. (Whiskers the Rat, Mr Wiggles, Speedy, Scooter the Snail)
- One from the Shattrath orphan quests. (Peanut, Egbert, Willy, Legs)
- One from the Northrend orphan quests. (Curious Oracle Hatchling/Curious Wolvar Hatchling)
Don’t forget to have your Orphan out when you do ALL of these achievements.
Now one of these achievements is a nightmare. I would recommend doing these achievements as follows.
- Follow the Children’s Week questline to obtain a pet. Use your Hearthstone while travelling about. Buy some of Tigule and Foror’s Strawberry Flavoured Ice Cream while you are in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. It can be found on the Candy Vendor near the Cooking daily in Stormwind and from the Snack-O-Matic in Horde Zepplins. [Completed: Aw, Isn't it Cute? and Home Alone, plus 1/7 Bad Example] You also now have a pet out of this holiday, if nothing else.
- Time to bite the bullet and go for the hard one. I could describe it all but I think that Cynwise has already done so far better than I could so check out his guide. Console yourself with the thought that even if you NEVER PvP you can turn the Honor points you will earn into Justice Points, or use them towards the Honor mounts if you’re a mount collector. It won’t be enough consolation for the hell that is this achievement, but there you go. If you are aiming for the meta this is the one you need to focus on because its by far the hardest to get. [Completed: School of Hard Knocks]
- Once back in town do any five daily quests during the week. The Fishing/Cooking ones are ridiculously easy and will count. [Completed: Daily Chores]
- Now its off to Northrend. Travel to Howling Fjord with a friend or two to complete Utgarde Pinnacle. You may well be able to solo this. If not, you should only need one friend. [Completed: Hail to the King, Baby]
- Carry on to Dalaran where you can buy a Red Velvet Cupcake, Dalaran Brownie, Dalaran Donut and Lovely Cake from Aimee outside of one of the banks. Eat them all. [5/7 Bad Example]
- You now need to either do some cooking or visit the AH for Tasty Cupcake and Delicious Chocolate Cake. There is an achievement to make the Delicious Chocolate Cake so bake it if you can. The recipe comes from the rewards for the Outland or Dalaran Cooking dailies. The Tasty Cupcake recipe is a random Northrend drop. Both can be found on the AH. [Completed: Bad Example]
Everything you actually need to know about the upcoming expansion:
- The beta will start Soon (TM).
- The expansion will be released When Its Ready (TM).
- AoE loot has been stolen from SWTOR, to much applause.
- LFR looting system in a nutshell: Boss dies and you have a random chance to get loot that is completely unrelated to anyone else’s chance to get loot. If the boss has loot for your current spec, and regardless of whether or not you already have said loot. Items brought from factions will enable to you get another shot at loot on a boss of your choice.
- It will take a long time to get to exalted with factions, apparently. And the previous point assures me you will actually try.
- PokeWoW is still coming …
- … and so is Farmville
- There will be lots more daily quests. Lots.
- There will be lots of jokes involving beer. Think of MoP as the Brewfest expansion.
- Garrosh is a war criminal and you will bring him to justice (assuming Russia and China don’t veto you of course).
- Hidden Gem: As well as Scenarios, there will be something called Proving Grounds. Target dummy + lore + solo instance + achievements = Proving Grounds. More achievements you can solo are good.
- There will be three raids with 14 bosses between them at launch. There will also be two world bosses.
- There are two new battlegrounds. This time, they are actually new and not a new map with an old mechanic. Neither of them are DotA.
- The “intention” is for a raid tier to last 4 months with another content patch halfway through. If you have expressive eyebrows, please now raise them skeptically.
- Valor points won’t buy gear. They will allow you to upgrade your current gear by increasing its ilevel and stats. So when your next tier has a lousy bonus/makes you look like a giant banana, you can skip it.
- There will be a Glyph that reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone while Divine Shield is active. Bubble-hearth is back!
The second half of the raid is as follows. These are LFR tactics only. For videos and normal tactics click on the links. Heroic tactics are on the Icy Veins site. I know LFR is fairly faceroll but I have seen some stunning wipes because people didn’t know what they were doing (though even reading these tactics won’t help the tank who didn’t understand that he was meant to use taunt and get hit).
Ultraxion [MMO Champion | Icy Veins]
- Hug at the bottom of the stairs to share Unstable Monstrosity. He can’t parry. Damage increases as the fight goes on.
- You all have an extra button called Heroic Will. When he casts Hour of Twilight, press it! Hour of Twilight doesn’t kill on LFR, but as the fight goes on you are at risk from dying if too many people don’t click.
- 2 tanks taunt the boss between them after each gets Fading Light. Fading Light has a random duration. When its got less then 5 seconds left on it you need to hit Heroic Will. Not being in the normal realm when Fading Light runs out WILL kill the tank even on LFR.
- Healing buffs come in the form of three different coloured crystals that healers need to run out and click on. They spawn in three waves. There are only enough crystals for the number of healers so each healer should take ONE crystal in the entire fight. Don’t go and get another one when another colour spawns!
Top tip: if your UI does not show the Heroic Will button, or you don’t like where it appears, you can use this macro: /click ExtraActionButton1
Warmaster Blackhorn [MMO Champion | Icy Veins]
- The primary gimmick of this fight is that you have to protect the gunship you are on as well as defeating the adds (phase 1) and the boss (phase 2).
- Phase 1 is 3 waves of adds:
- All players should stand in the BIG purple swirly things. If not enough players do this, those that do will die. If no players do this the ship takes damage.
- Standing in the little purple swirls is optional on LFR – just don’t bother moving out of them.
- Dreadblade and Slayer adds do a frontal cleave attack with a stacking DoT of Shadow or Physical damage. The 2 tanks need to alternate which they tank each wave.
- Phase 2 is Blackhorn and his dragon Goriona:
- Ranged dps should hit Goriona until she reaches 25% when she will fly away. She casts shadowy fire at players which leave a big purple fire circle where they land. Don’t stand in fire.
- Spread around behind the boss, but not too far to minimise stuns from Shockwave (frontal cone attack he sometimes turns to cast) with casters being more than 10 yards away to avoid Disrupting Roar.
- Tanks should switch when Devastate stacks become too high.
- Blackhorn does 1% more damage for every 1% of health he loses, so damage ramps up.
Spine of Deathwing [MMO Champion | Icy Veins]
- Kill ONE Corruption. You must then make sure you don’t kill the others so make sure pets aren’t hitting them and stop using AoE.
- DPS the Hideous Amalgamation to about 30%. Then STOP.
- Kill Corrupted Bloods. These leave a pool on the floor. When the Hideous Amalgamation stands in a pool it gets a stack of Absorbed Blood. At 9 stacks the add starts to do lots of AoE damage. Stand it right next to the plate you are trying to remove (as close to his head as you can get). Then kill the add.
- When the add dies it casts a big explosion. Move away. If you are close enough this will remove an armor plate revealing a Burning Tendon. Kill the Burning Tendon before the plate repairs itself.
- Repeat two more times. Its exactly the same, only the extra holes will spawn more Bloods so the add will gain stacks quicker. Try to avoid 9 stacks on a mob with high health.
- Deathwing can roll, so make sure you aren’t all standing on one side.
Madness of Deathwing [MMO Champion | Icy Veins]
- In phase 1 you attack four limbs on four platforms.
- The best order for LFR is to start where you are, jump left twice, then finish off with the one on the right. Each gets harder as a buff provided by one of the aspects is removed.
- You can start on Deathwing, but as soon as the large tentacle spawns at the back of the platform hit it.
- When the Elementium Bolt spawns all ranged should hit it. Type /tar ele or use a macro.
- When Regenerative Bloods appear, AoE them.
- On the last platform only you need to single target and kill Blistering Tentacles.
- If everything else is dead, hit Deathwing. Each platform has an enrage timer but you shouldn’t come close to it.
- Jump back one platform to the left for Phase 2.
- Hit Deathwing a bit.
- When tentacles spawn the first time, kill them.
- Use Dream (another Extra Action Button) if the tentacles case Shrapnel on you.
- When the two larger adds appear the first time, kill them.
- Hit Deathwing until dead.
- If your dps is low you may need to kill adds twice. The tentacles don’t do a lot of damage, especially if people use Dream, but the big adds WILL kill your tanks eventually, even on LFR.
Welcome to Morrighan’s Crib Sheet Raid Guides. This Crib Sheet is for the 10 man version of the Conclave of Winds, which can be found in the Throne of the Four Winds in southern Uldum. The tactics for 25 man are the same as far as I am aware and simply involve scaling up what is written here. You can find the consolidated Tier 11 Crib Sheets here.
- 3 djinn, Anshal, Nezir and Rohash, are on separate platforms and need to die at around the same time.
- 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps (melee here) should go to Anshal’s platform. You may want to have one dps swap to Rohash.
- 1 tank, 1 healer should go to Nezir’s platform
- 1 healer and 2 dps should go to Rohash’s platform
- All 3 djinn have an energy bar which at 90 triggers an ‘ultimate’ ability. There must be someone on each platform at that time or the raid will be insta-wiped.
- You can jump from platform to platform at any time apart from when an ultimate is cast. Aim carefully or you will miss.
- The tank/healer pairs should swap platform just before each ultimate (70-75 energy) and remain on their new platform until the next ultimate.
- Rohash’s healer stays there for the whole fight (some people have the dps stay instead).
- The dps should all move to dps Nezir during the ultimate and then return to their platforms and bosses. During Nezir’s ultimate they should stay alive, self healing if needed as the damage is high.
- On Anshal’s platform – move him out of the green circle fast as it heals Anshal and silences everyone. Kill the adds.
- On Nezir’s platform – avoid the cone attack which knocks you back and stay off of ice patches. This ultimate does a lot of damage.
- On Rohash’s platform – melee is generally bad here, avoid Wind Blast which circles around the platform and will knock you off it you are hit and stay out of tornadoes.