Twilight Highlands is a levelling area you can access at level 84. It is opened via a quest line starting in Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
You can find the following achievements in Twilight Highlands:
- Fading into Twilight – complete 120 (Alliance)/95 (Horde) quests in Twilight Highlands.
- Consumed by Nightmare - Endure the nightmares of Iso’rath in the Twilight Highlands.
- Wildhammer/Dragonmaw Tour of Duty – Kill the named mobs.
- King of the Mountain - Complete the Twilight’s Hammer quest chain in Twilight Highlands up to and including Skullcrusher the Mountain.
- Round Three, Fight! - Complete the Crucible of Carnage quests in Twilight Highlands up to and including The Twilight Terror!
- Explore Twilight Highlands - explore the entire area.
- Wildhammer/Dragonmaw Clan – gain Exalted with the Wildhammer Clan (Alliance) or Dragonmaw Clan (Horde).
Within Twilight Highlands lies Grim Batol. You can find the following achievements there:
- Grim Batol - complete this dungeon on normal difficulty.
- Heroic: Grim Batol - complete this dungeon on heroic difficulty.
- Umbrage for Umbriss - Defeat General Umbriss while he is affected with Modgud’s Malice
- Don’t Need to Break Eggs to Make an Omelet - Defeat Erudax without letting a Faceless Corruptor begin to cast Twilight Corruption on any of Alexstrasza’s Eggs
You can also obtain the following pets/mounts/tabards:
- Tabard of the Wildhammer/Dragonmaw Clan – Don’t forget to wear it and write down somewhere that you have done so.
You also want to complete the following component of achievements:
- Gilnean White - Eat it for Cataclysmically Delicious.
- Stewed Rabbit - Eat it for Cataclysmically Delicious.
- Hardtack - Eat it for Cataclysmically Delicious.
- Tropical Sunfruit - Eat it for Cataclysmically Delicious.
- Yellow-Bellied Marmot - /love it for To All the Squirrels Who Cared For Me.
- Highlands Turkey - /love it for To All the Squirrels Who Cared For Me.
- Rattlesnake - /love it for To All the Squirrels Who Cared For Me.
- Highland Guppy - Fish it for The Limnologist.
- Deepsea Sagefish - Fish it for The Oceanographer.
- Algaefin Rockfish - Fish it for The Oceanographer.
- Murglesnout - Fish it for The Oceanographer.
How you do it
This is some further explanation for some of the achievements above:
- Just keep completing quests and you should get Consumed by Nightmare and King of the Mountain.
- For Wildhammer/Dragonmaw Tour of Duty you need to kill the following:
- High Shaman MacKilligan (Dragonmaw) – Can be found around 45,33 in the daily quest town.
- Gunwald Greybeard (Dragonmaw) – Can be found around 45,42 in the daily quest town.
- The Black Recluse Spider (Both) – Can be found in the basement of the building at 45,31.
- Dillan MacHurley (Dragonmaw) - Can be found around 46,36 in the daily quest town.
- Cliff Tundermar (Dragonmaw) - Can be found around 52,28 in the daily quest town.
- Korthalon the Black (Both) - Can be found in the basement of the building at 51,27.
- Warlord Halthar (Wildhammer) - Can be found around 49,36 in the daily quest town.
- Karkrog the Exterminator (Wildhammer) - Can be found around 51,33 in the daily quest town.
- Complete the Crucible of Carnage. You will need to find a group to do this – just ask in General in the area (or ask your guildies to help, or both).
- To get exalted with the Wildhammer/Dragonmaw Clan you can do dailies as well as wearing the tabard.
- For Umbrage the buff on the boss is caused by killing the Malignant Trogg add near him. It lasts for 20 seconds. Control the Malignant Trogg until you have him at about 10-15%, then kill the Trogg before killing the boss. It is important to kill it right next to the boss.
- For Eggs just do the fight really well. Assign dps to adds and head for the adds as soon as Shadow Gale has finished making them your absolute priority. Use any slows you have.
- The Highlands Turkey can be hard to find. Wowhead lists one around 29,31 but mine have been in green areas along the river. /tar Highlands Turkey macro spam ftw.
The above is based on my experience or the best information I could find where I did not have direct experience. If you think anything is wrong please post below and I will do my best to respond although I may not agree. If there is something wrong/especially useful I will update the guide.
Current as of 24 August 2011 (patch 4.2).