Tol Barad is accessible via a portal from Stormwind or Orgrimmar at level 85. It is a PvP zone in two parts – Tol Barad Penninsula and Tol Barad itself. Both parts have daily quests. The former are always available from faction base camps. The latter is fought for every 2.5 hours. The faction holding Tol Barad has access to further dailies and the Baradin Hold raid until 15 minutes before the fight.
You can find the following achievements in Tol Barad:
- Breaking Out of Tol Barad – Complete 100 daily quests in Tol Barad.
- Baradin’s Wardens/Hellscream’s Reach – Become Exalted with your faction group.
- Just Another Day in Tol Barad – complete each daily quest at least once
- Pit Lord Argaloth – kill Pit Lord Argaloth (there isn’t an achievement for Occu’thar)
The following achievements are available from participating in the Tol Barad battle:
- Tol Barad Victory - win the battle
- Tol Barad Veteran – win the battle 100 times
- Towers of Power – Destroy 3 deployed siege engines in one battle
- Tol Barad All-Star – Get 10 honor kills at each base
- Tower Plower – Destroy a tower
- Tol Barad Sabateur – Destroy 20 deployed siege engines
You can also obtain the following pets/mounts/tabards:
- Rustberg Gull - this pet can be brought for 50 Tol Barad Commendations at Honored reputation with your faction
- Spectral Steed/Spectral Wolf - this mount can be brought for 165 Tol Barad Commendations at Exalted reputation with your faction
- Drake of the West Wind – this mount can be brought for 200 Tol Barad Commendations at Exalted reputation with your faction
- Baradin’s Wardens/Hellscream’s Reach Tabard - this pet can be brought for 40 Tol Barad Commendations at Honored reputation with your faction
- Fox Kit – rare pet that drops from the foxes in Tol Barad Peninsula (not the Baradin Fox Kit critters in Tol Barad proper)*
You also want to complete the following components of achievements:
- Snake - kill it for Pest Control (in the marshy area of Tol Barad)
- Squirrel - /love it for To All the Squirrels I’ve Loved Before and then kill it for Pest Control (in the Peninsula)
- Baradin Fox Kit – /love it to To All the Squirrels Who Cared for Me (this in in Tol Barad proper)
- Sassy Cat – /love it to To All the Squirrels Who Cared for Me (in Rustberg Village in the Peninsula)
- Wharf Rat – /love it to To All the Squirrels Who Cared for Me (in Rustberg Village in the Peninsula)
- Fathom Eel – fist it for The Oceanographer (in pools all over the Peninsula)
Just Another Day in Tol Barad checklist
The following quests make up the Just Another Day in Tol Barad achievement. This includes both Tol Barad proper and Peninsula quests.
- Captain P Harris
- Captain P. Harris
- Boosting Morale
- Claiming The Keep
- The Forgotten
- First Lieutenant Connor
- Not The Friendliest Town
- Thinning the Brood
- Magnets, How Do They Work?
- Watch Out For Splinters!
- Bombs Away!
- The Imprisoned Archmage
- Cursed Shackles
- The Warden
- A Huge Problem
- The Leftovers
- Rattling Their Cages
- Shark Tank
- Leave No Weapon Behind
- Salvaging the Remains
- Taking the Overlook Back
- Teach A Man To Fish…. Or Steal
- A Sticky Task
- Finish The Job
- WANTED: Foreman Wellson
- Clearing the Depths
- Learning From The Past
- Prison Revolt
- Food From Below
- Swamp Bait
How you do it
This is some further explanation for some of the achievements above:
- Do dailies. Then do some more dailies. Then some more dailies. These provide both reputation and commendations. If you don’t need commendations for the trinkets this will go quicker, but you will still need to do lots of dailies. The three dailies relating to the underground dungeons in Tol Barad can be done more than once in that you can do each location’s dailies in one day if they happen to be available after different wins.
- Sign up for the Tol Barad battle every time it comes up.
- Towers of Power and Tol Barad Saboteur can only be completed when you are defending Tol Barad. You can’t just kill the Seige Engines where they stand – you need to kill them when they are deployed and attacking towers.
- Tower Plower can only be completed when you are attacking Tol Barad. Your Siege Engine has to get the killing blow on a tower so this might take a few attempts. There are 6 engines placed around the three underground dungeons.
- The Tol Barad All Star is best achieved by moving from area to area. You don’t have to get all 30 kills in one battle. You do have to get the 10 kills in each place without dying.
- Please note that various critters, etc. will not be available in Tol Barad proper once the preparation for battle starts until the fight is over.
*Follow the link to Wowhead for detailed information on rare spawns and how to get them. There is normally a wealth of information on these as people hunt them obsessively.
The above is based on my experience or the best information I could find where I did not have direct experience. If you think anything is wrong please post below and I will do my best to respond although I may not agree. If there is something wrong/especially useful I will update the guide.
Current as of 14 August 2011 (patch 4.2).