This is a new kind of post here. One thing I notice is that most guides are LONG. Theres a lot of information in there. If you’re doing hard modes or heroic versions, you need that information. But sometimes, you don’t. Sometimes you’ve just got into this PuG with a mate and you’ve never seen it before and all you need to know is what to hit and how not to die. This guide is for you.
Links to the WoWwiki posts and the (awesome) Tankspot tactics videos are at the end. I cannot recommend those videos enough.
Phase 1 – Gormok
- Tanks hand the boss between them at 2-3 stacks of Impale. 10 man = 2 tanks. 25 man = 2/3 tanks.
- Ranged dps Snobolds down ASAP.
- Stay out of the fire.
Phase 2 – Dreadscale and Acidmaw
- 2 tanks for 2 worms. Kite the mobile worm out of slime and keep both facing away from the raid.
- Burn Acidmaw first, using cooldowns. Dreadscale will do a small enrage then.
- If you get Paralytic Poison from Acidmaw, run to someone with Burning Bile from Dreadscale (or have them run to you).
Phase 3 – Icehowl
- 1 tank.
- Spread out to minimize who takes Arctic Breath (cone attack), especially healers.
- When he uses Massive Crash, he throws you to the side and stuns you. He targets one player. The target and everyone near them needs to run along the walls ASAP (not touching them) so he charges into the wall and is stunned. He takes extra damage whilst stunned.
- If he hits a player and enrages, a rogue or hunter can de-enrage him. Do it fast before he kills your tank.
Demon Lord Jaraxxus
- 1 tank on the boss, 1 the adds.
- 1 interrupter to interrupt Fel Fireball stays on the boss at all times.
- When the Mistress comes all dps take her out.
- When the volcano comes, ranged dps take out the elementals.
- Heal the Incinerate Flesh target until the debuff comes off, otherwise they explode and damage everyone.
- If you get Legion Flame you drop fire every few seconds. Keep moving and drop flames out of the way.
- Mages should spell steal Nether Power.
- On 10 man you will have 2 each of Healers, Melee and Casters. On 25 man you have 3 of each.
- Kill order is Healers, Melee (especially the rogue), Casters.
- Healer Kill Order: Shaman, Priest, Druid, Paladin. Pop cooldowns to kill the first healer and try to cc the others or interrupt their healing.
- Tanks should control the melee at all times using taunt, cc and aggro abilities. Ranged can be cc’d as much as possible.
- Use PvP trinkets to break cc on you, but no other PvP gear.
- Divide the raid into 2 groups. 1 clicks on the light portal and dps Darkbane and the other click on the Dark portal and dps Lightbane. The Twins have a shared health pool.
- Healers should stand with groups of the opposite colour to intercept orbs. All players should intercerpt orbs of the same colour before they hit the bosses.
- 1 tank per boss in the square and near a portal of the opposite colour to the tank.
- When one Twin casts a Vortex, all players including tanks should IMMEDIATELY change colour to match that Twin. Once the Vortex is over, change back to what you were.
- When one Twin casts Twins Pact, all dps should IMMEDIATELY change colour to the opposite of that Twin. They should then dps down the shield as soon as possible so that this heal can be interrupted. Once this is done, change back to what you were.
- You all fall down!
- One tank takes the boss. The other tank/s pick up adds which must be tanked on the ice patches. One dps should be assigned to shoot down ice patches.
- In 10 man leave adds until he burrows. In 25 man ranged dps take out 2 adds and leave the other 2 until he burrows.
- When he is underground all hug. Anub’arak will chase players and try to spike them, throwing them into the air and doing damage. A chase can be stopped by kiting him over an ice patch which then disappears.
- Make sure all the large adds are dead before you tip him over 30%.
- Once he is over 30% he starts leaching a % of current HP from all players. Spam heal the tank as he takes large amounts of damage. Spam heal players with Penetrating Cold. Everyone else should be kept on around around 5-7k health. The more health they have, the more is leached to Anub’arak. Pop cooldowns and burn.
Updated 28 September 2009.