The values here are much higher due to the relative values of maximum DPS and speed.
1. Catastrophe (Heroic) > Mace > Tribute Chest 25 > 7631.99 Best in slot
2. Justicebringer (Heroic) > Axe > Faction Champions 25 > 7602.31
3. Archon’s Glaive (Heroic) > Polearm > Anub’arak 25 (Heroic) > 7364.28
4. Decimation (Heroic) > Sword > Tribute Chest 25 > 7279.08
5. Lothar’s Edge (Heroic) > Axe > Tribute Chest 10 > 6981.42 (7125.72) Best in slot 10 man only/Best with hit
6. Justicebringer > Axe > Faction Champions 25 > 6891
7. Reckoning (Heroic) > Sword > Twin Valkyr 10 (Heroic) > 6703.34
8. Archon’s Glaive > Polearm > Anub’arak 25 > 6665.16
8. Fordragon Blades (Heroic) > Polearm > Anub’arak 25 (Heroic) > 6638.46
9. Voldrenthar, Dark Blade of Oblivion > Sword > General Vezax (Hard) > 6610.05
10. Dark Edge of Depravity > Polearm > Yogg-Saron 25 (Hard) > 6343.54
11. Aesir’s Edge > Sword > XT-002 Deconstructor 10 (Hard) > 6272.28
11. Hammer of Crushing Whispers > Mace > Yogg-Saron 10 (Hard) > 6237.05 (6359.15)
12. Earthshaper > Mace > Yogg-Saron 25 > 6196.24 (6325.74)
13. Reckoning > Sword > Twin Valkyr’s 10 > 6077.91
14. Fordragon Blades > Polearm > Anub’arak 10 > 6024.31
15. Lotrafen, Spear of the Damned > Polearm > General Vezax 25 > 5889.71
15. Worldcarver > Axe > Ignis the Furnacemaker 25 > 5887.8
15. Rune Edge > Sword > Iron Council 25 > 5881.86
16. Betrayer of Humanity > Axe > Kel’Thuzad 25 > 5665.44
17. Edge of Ruin > Axe > Heroic Trial of the Champion > 5554.93 Best in slot pre-raid
17. Marrowstrike > Polearm > Trial of the Champion (Heroic) > 5549.2
Also worth noting:
Ironsoul > Mace > Flame Leviathan 10 > 5477.89
Cryptfiend’s Bite > Polearm > Heigan the Unclean 25 > 5448.41 Best of the Naxx 25 weapons thats don’t come from Kel’Thuzad
Inevitable Defeat > Mace > Naxxramas 25 trash drop > 5201.59 Best mace in Naxx 25
Armageddon > Sword > The Four Horsemen 25 > 5179.96 Best sword in Naxx 25
Weapon choice is quite complex as both dwarves and humans have expertise bonuses from certain weapon types. Drenai need not consider hit based weapons, but I know the humans in my guild currently want Earthshaper.
Pre-raid look for Marrowstrike from Trial of the Champion on Heroic. Edge of Ruin is just not as good, but better to take it than to shard it if you don’t have better.
Within raids, you need to juggle depending on what you need to make your various bonuses. I currently raid with Worldcarver which I chose specifically to help me meet the expertise cap. I’m not sure if I would do that in hindsight with the new expertise glyph. For the future I’m focusing on a Justicebringer.
Updated 17 September 2009.
I’m going to explain my scoring system for. Any straight stats are given the value they would get from scoring. I am assuming all items have a chance of 1 (i.e. you can keep them up all the time), with an internal cooldown of 45 seconds unless they are on crit, which have a chance of 0.33. On use items have a cooldown of 120 seconds. So the value of the the stat they give is multiplied by 1 (up time) and then duration (which is the internal cooldown divided by the time for which the stat is active. So for Darkmoon Card Greatness there is a flat stat value of 90 strength. There is also a chance on hit for 300 strength for 15 seconds. So the value of the card is 90*1.97 + (300*1.97)*1*(45/15). The chance to proc of 1 is an over simplifcation, but in reality you rarely wait long for an item to proc. Also since the same simplification has been made for every item you can at least compare them. Items that have a stacking bonus like Fury of the Five Flights have been calculated as a passive buff that is up all of the time.
Pinch of salt applied, heres the stats:
1. Death’s Verdict (Heroic) > Twin Valkyr’s 25 (Heroic) > 559.54 Best in slot
2. Death’s Verdict > Twin Valkyr’s 25 > 495.18
3. Darkmoon Card: Greatness > Darkmoon Card Deck > 374.3 2nd best in slot/Best in slot 10 man only/Best pre-raid
4. Dark Matter > Algalon 10 > 295.56 2nd best in slot 10 man only
5. Victor’s Call (Heroic) > Faction Champion’s 10 (Heroic) > 253.8
5. Fury of the Five Flights > Sartharion 25 > 249.6
6. Banner of Victory > Trial of the Champion > 240.24 2nd best pre-raid
7. Victor’s Call > Faction Champions 10 > 234.35
8. Mjolnir’s Runestone > Thorim 10 (Hard) > 207.07
9. Wrathstone > Kologorn 25 > 163.97 Best with on use instant proc
9. Loatheb’s Shadow > Loatheb 10 > 162.7 2nd best with on use instant proc
10. Incisor Fragment > Drak’tharon Keep (Heroic) > 153.27
If you choose to go for hit on trinkets (which I don’t feel is needed for palas):
Mark of Supremacy > 35 Emblems of Triumph > 133.12 (369.92)
Grim Toll > Maexxna 25 > 106.08 (259.63)
Sphere of Red Dragon’s Blood > The Nexus (Heroic) > 87.1 (188.85)
Blood of the Old God > Yogg-Saron 15 > 66.77 (266.57)
Pre-raid you can look at getting the cards if you have money/farmed materials. You need an Inscriptor to make them and what card they get is random, but you can sell the others for reasonable cash. If you are a Herbalist with access to a friendly Inscriptor, then this is an option. Otherwise go for the far cheaper Banner of Victory and Incisor Fragment.
I raid with Darkmoon Card: Greatness and Fury of the Five Flights. The Death’s Verdict is obviously high on my target list. I also recommend going to some effort to pick up on use trinkets for hard modes such as XT-002. If you don’t do hard modes, its probably not so much of a bother.